- Barassi Veronica. forthcoming. ‘Youth, Algorithms and the Problem of Data Traces’ in Leah Lievrouw and Brian Loader (Eds.) Handbook of New Media, Routledge
- Barassi, Veronica (in press) The Child as Datafied Citizen: Algorithmic Inacurracies and Data Justice in Family Life, submitted to G. Mascheroni Digital Parenting: Critical Challenges for Families in the Digital Age” Giovanna Mascheroni, Ana Jorge and Critsitna Ponte (Eds.) NORDICOM Yearbook 2018
- Barassi Veronica. Under Review ‘Digital Citizenship in the Age of Coerced Digital Participation’ Invited submission for special issue Aris Komporozos-Athanasiou, Alicia Renedo Christopher McKevitt (Eds.) Sociological Research Online
- Barassi Veronica and Zamponi Lorenzo. Under Review. Social Media Time, Identity Narratives and the Construction of Political Biographies, Invited Submission for Special Issue on Time and Temporality in Contentious Politics, Social Movements Studies Journal
- Barassi, Veronica (2018) ‘Social Media Activism, Self-Representation, and the Construction of Political Biographies’ in G. Meikle (Ed.) Routledge Companion to Media and Activism, Routledge ISBN 9781138202030
- Barassi Veronica (2017) ‘Digital Citizens? Data Traces and Family Life’ selected for the Special Issue on Activism across the Life Course, Contemporary Social Science Journal Contemporary Social Science Journal. 12 (1-2), pp.84-95, ISSN 2158-2041
- Barassi Veronica (2017) ‘BabyVeillance? Expecting Parents, Online Surveillance and the Cultural Specificity of Pregnancy Apps’ selected for the Special Issue on Infancy Online, Social Media and Society Journal, April-June, 2017:1-10
- Barassi Veronica (2016) ‘Contested Visions: Digital Discourses as Empty Signifiers from the Network to Big Data‘ in Communication and the Public, 1(3)
- Barassi, Veronica (2016) ‘Datafied Citizens? Social Media Activism, Data Flows, and the Question of Political Profiling, in Communication and the Public 1(3)
- Barassi, Veronica (2016) ‘My Child is an Anarchist, a Feminist, a Communist: Digital Parenthood and the Everyday Construction of Children’s Digital Profiles’ Parenting for a Digital Future, London School of Economics.
- Barassi V. and Dencik L. (2018) Data and Citizenship: Critical Questions and Research Perspectives from the Margins. California speaking tour forthcoming dates: 26thof November University of San Francisco, 28thof November Stanford University, 29thof November UCLA, 30th University of Southern California
- Barassi, Veronica (2018) Child | Data | Citizen: Datafication, Algorithmic Inaccuracies and the Profiling of Future Citizens, UCLA Keynote at Reclaiming Expertise: Research and Inquiry Conference, 3 May 2018
- Barassi Veronica (2017) ‘Automated Homes: Ethnographic Reflections on Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in Family Life‘, University of California Irvine, Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, Friday Informatics Seminars 28th of April
- Barassi Veronica (2017) From Digital to Datafied Citizens? Re-Thinking Digital Citizenship in the Age of Big Data, Centre for Media Studies Research Seminar, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, 8th of March
- Barassi Veronica (2017) Big Data, Ethnography and the Datafication of Everyday Life, CAMRI Research Seminar Series, University of Westminster, London 9th February
- Barassi, Veronica (2016) Digital Citizens/Datafied Selves: Social Media Activism and the Issue of Political Profiling, Annenberg School of Communications. 19 September.
- Barassi, Veronica (2016) ‘Digital Participation? Civic Engagement, Family Life and the Everyday Construction of our Data Futures‘. Citizen’s Participation in Health Seminar Series, King’s College London. 15 June.
Above is a list of publications and talks that relate specifically to this project. If you are interested you can find a full list of my publications here.