- Barassi Veronica. In preparation. Child Data Citizen. MIT Press
- Barassi Veronica and Zamponi Lorenzo. In press. Social Media Time, Identity Narratives and the Construction of Political Biographies, Invited Submission for Special Issue on Time and Temporality in Contentious Politics, Social Movements Studies Journal
- Barassi Veronica. In press.‘Datafied Citizens in the Age of Coerced Digital Participation’ Invited submission for special issue Aris Komporozos-Athanasiou, Alicia Renedo Christopher McKevitt (Eds.) Sociological Research Online
- Barassi Veronica. In Press. ‘Youth, Algorithms and the Problem of Data Traces’ in Leah Lievrouw and Brian Loader (Eds.) Handbook of New Media, Routledge
- Barassi, Veronica (2018) The Child as Datafied Citizen: Critical Questions on Data Justice in Family Life, In: G. Mascheroni Digital Parenting: Critical Challenges for Families in the Digital Age” Giovanna Mascheroni, Ana Jorge and Critsitna Ponte (Eds.) NORDICOM Yearbook 2018
- Barassi, Veronica (2018) ‘Social Media Activism, Self-Representation, and the Construction of Political Biographies’ in G. Meikle (Ed.) Routledge Companion to Media and Activism, Routledge ISBN 9781138202030
- Barassi Veronica (2017) ‘Digital Citizens? Data Traces and Family Life’ selected for the Special Issue on Activism across the Life Course, Contemporary Social Science Journal Contemporary Social Science Journal. 12 (1-2), pp.84-95, ISSN 2158-2041
- Barassi Veronica (2017) ‘BabyVeillance? Expecting Parents, Online Surveillance and the Cultural Specificity of Pregnancy Apps’ selected for the Special Issue on Infancy Online, Social Media and Society Journal, April-June, 2017:1-10
- Barassi Veronica (2016) ‘Contested Visions: Digital Discourses as Empty Signifiers from the Network to Big Data‘ in Communication and the Public, 1(3)
- Barassi, Veronica (2016) ‘Datafied Citizens? Social Media Activism, Data Flows, and the Question of Political Profiling, in Communication and the Public 1(3)
- Barassi, Veronica (2016) ‘My Child is an Anarchist, a Feminist, a Communist: Digital Parenthood and the Everyday Construction of Children’s Digital Profiles’ Parenting for a Digital Future, London School of Economics.
- Barassi V. and Dencik L. (2018) Data and Citizenship: Critical Questions and Research Perspectives from the Margins. California speaking tour forthcoming dates: 26thof November University of San Francisco, 28thof November Stanford University, 29thof November UCLA, 30th University of Southern California
- Barassi, Veronica (2018) Child | Data | Citizen: Datafication, Algorithmic Inaccuracies and the Profiling of Future Citizens, UCLA Keynote at Reclaiming Expertise: Research and Inquiry Conference, 3 May 2018
- Barassi Veronica (2017) ‘Automated Homes: Ethnographic Reflections on Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in Family Life‘, University of California Irvine, Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, Friday Informatics Seminars 28th of April
- Barassi Veronica (2017) From Digital to Datafied Citizens? Re-Thinking Digital Citizenship in the Age of Big Data, Centre for Media Studies Research Seminar, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, 8th of March
- Barassi Veronica (2017) Big Data, Ethnography and the Datafication of Everyday Life, CAMRI Research Seminar Series, University of Westminster, London 9th February
- Barassi, Veronica (2016) Digital Citizens/Datafied Selves: Social Media Activism and the Issue of Political Profiling, Annenberg School of Communications. 19 September.
- Barassi, Veronica (2016) ‘Digital Participation? Civic Engagement, Family Life and the Everyday Construction of our Data Futures‘. Citizen’s Participation in Health Seminar Series, King’s College London. 15 June.
Press Mentions and Other
- The Guardian(2018) The Sharent Trap: Should Parents put their Children on Social Media?by Emine Samer, 23rdof May
- The Telegraph (2018) Children Need Protection from AI Devicesby Natasha Bernal, 19th September
- The Times (2018) Want Polite Children? Just Ask Alexa, by Mark Bridge, 19thSeptember
- Techcrunch (2018) Call for Smart Home Devices to Bake in Privacy Safeguards for Kids, by Natasha Lomas, 18thof September
- Avvenire, Italia (2018) Privacy, Tecnologia e Bambini: Una Direttiva UE prova a metter dei Palettiby Claudia La Via, 29thSeptember
- Biometric Update (2018) Report Warns of Smart Home Tech Impact on Children, by Chris Burt 22ndSeptember
- Sapo Magazine, Portugal (2018) Se nao quer que o seu filho venha a processa lo cuidado com as fotos de familia nas redes sociais, 17thJuly
- AA Turkish Press(2018) Sosyal medyada ebeveynlik ve çocuk fotoğrafları paylaşımı, by Yidiz Sekban, 26th of June
- London School of Economics British Policy and Politics Blog(2018) How people feel of what companies do with their data is just as important as what they know about it.by Prof. Helen Kennedy 6thof April
- UCLA R&I Conference Podcast Conversation with Dr. Barassi by Dustin O’Hara, 3rdof May
Above is a list of publications and talks that relate specifically to this project. If you are interested you can find a full list of my publications here.